I have to say that this latest use of the social networking site Twitter has intrigued me. #GTP2010, otherwise known as the Gunpowder Tweeting Plot is a ‘live’ recreation of the events that occurred during the original Gunpowder Plot of 1605.
So far, the characters involved are:
- King James I (@kingjamesstuart)
- Robert Cecil, 1st Earl of Salisbury (@earlsalisbury)
- Robert Catesby, Leader of the Gunpowder Plot (@rcatesby1572)
- John Wright (@jwright1568)
- Christopher Wright (@cwright1570)
- Ambrose Rookwood (@arookwood1578)
- Thomas Wintour (@twintour1571)
- Thomas Percy (@tpercy1560)
The Gunpowder Tweeting Plot 2010 is the brainwave of Chris Leach (@chrisleach78), Head of ICT at Winchester House School. It started last year as a few of his class tweeted the escape of Robert Catesby following the failure of the plot.
This year’s is even bigger as the events leading up to the Gunpowder Plot are being covered, thanks to help from other schools.
- Gunpowder, Tweeting and Plot #gtp2010
- Gunpowder, Tweeting and Plot 2010: The Story Begins
- The Gunpowder Tweeting Plot