Word of the Day is designed to help children learn how to use a dictionary, whilst simultaneously expanding their vocabulary. Today’s Word of the Day begins with the letter ‘B’. The word is: broadcast.
- (of seed) Scattered freely, not in drills or rows.
- (of information, news, music, etc.) Sent or received by broadcasting.
- (Sown, disseminated) in this manner.
- Action of broadcasting; broadcast programme etc.
v. (Past t. –cast or –casted, past part. –cast).
- Sow (seed) broadcast.
- Diseminate (news, musical performances, etc.) from a radio or television transmitting station; said also of a performer etc