This quiz asks for some facts from well-known children’s books.
1. “The Lion, the Witch, and the ……….”. What is the missing word in this famous book title?
a.) Broomstick b.) Wardrobe c.) Table
2. The B.F.G., Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and James and the Giant Peach were all written by which famous author?
a.) C.S. Lewis b.) Charles Dickens c.) Roald Dahl
3. What school does Harry Potter go to?
4. In Dr Seuss‛s book, what does Sam-I-am ask his friend to eat?
a.) Green eggs and ham b.) Blue cheese and bread c.) Marmite and jam
5. Winnie the Pooh has two friends called Eeyore and Tigger. What animals are they?
a.) Pig & a rabbit b.) Donkey & a tiger c.) Kangaroo & a mouse
6. Where does Peter Pan live?
a.) Neverland b.) Narnia c.) Toytown
7. What is Paddington Bear‛s favourite snack?
a.) Crisps b.) Biscuits and tea c.) Marmalade sandwiches.
8. Who is Noddy‛s best friend?
a.) Big Ears b.) Small Feet c.) Small Ears
9. Who wrote “The Famous Five”?
a.) Lewis Carroll b.) Clive King c.) Enid Blyton
10. What animal is Shere Kahn in “The Jungle Book”?
The quiz can be found on our website homepage (click on the ‘free quiz’ button) and downloaded as a question sheet. Use it as a time filler, or as a starting point for a discussion on books. The answers are also on our website or you could wait until the end of the month when they will be posted on the blog.