This is our second quiz about France. The topic was chosen by a work experience student who was with us for a week in January. She compiled the questions and answers and also created the interactive quiz you can try from our website home page.
Do you have any good ideas for quiz topics? We would love to hear them, you can even suggest some questions to go with them (email them to me).
These are the questions and answer choices for February’s quiz on France:
1. What is the capital city of France?
a.) Lille b.) Paris c.) Bordeaux
2. What is the order of colours on the French flag?
a.) Blue White Red b.) White Blue Red c.) Red White Blue
3. What do the French celebrate on July 14th
a.) Bastille Day b.) Pancake Day c.) Independence Day
4.) What animal are the French most famous for eating?
a.) Dog b.) Frog c.) Cat
5.) Who is the President of France? (2012)
a.) Francois Fillion b.) Albert Lebrun c.) Nicolas Sarkozy
6.) What is one of the national dishes of France?
a.) Croissants b.) Pot-au-feu c.) Sunday Roast
7. What is the currency of France? (2012)
a.) Euro b.) Franc c.) Dollar
8. Which of these is a French tradition?
b.) Sticking fish on people’s backs on April 1st
c) Fish and chips on a Friday
9. What item of clothing are the French stereotyped to wear?
a.) Beret b.) Bowler hat c.) Clogs
10. What shape is France referred to?
a.) The square b.) The triangle c.) The hexgon