On a windy day go outside with the children and watch streamers blowing. Ask the children whether they can see and feel the effects of the wind on their faces and clothes. Watch the trees and plants move in the wind. Continue reading
Author Archives: Alison Marshall
This FREE PowerPoint introducing our new Learn Spanish with Luis y Sofía resource is a sentence builder activity to practise the Spanish verb ‘tener’. You can request your copy here.
Learn Spanish with Luis y Sofía, 1a Parte (Part 1) for Years 3–4, a Story-based Scheme for Teaching Spanish at KS2, contains:
- 1 copy each of the 14 storybooks written entirely in Spanish using simple sentences and introducing key vocabulary and language structures
- Buenos días
- Me llamo Sofía
- ¿Cuántas galletas?
- Tengo seis años
- Tengo un hermano
- Muchos caramelos
- Un caramelo rojo
- Tengo un gato
- A Luis le encantan las serpientes
- El domingo es mi cumpleaños
- Treinta y un invitados
- ¿Cuándo es tu cumpleaños?
- Me duele
- ¿Dónde está mi estuche?
- Audio-enhanced e-book versions of all the stories acted out by native Spanish speakers bringing the stories to life when shared with the class using an interactive whiteboard, read individually or in small groups.
- Vocabulary and sentence building activities for use on an IWB enable students to try out the language structures introduced in the stories
- Audio CD of stories acted out by native Spanish speakers, along with the vocabulary introduced and listening exercises to aid correct pronunciation
- A comprehensive, easy-to-use teacherʼs guide containing lesson plans based on the stories with ideas for developing all four language learning skills – reading, writing, speaking and listening
- Translations, vocabulary lists and grammar boxes are included to support the non-specialist.
- For more information, simply visit http://www.brilliantpublications.co.uk/book/learn-spanish-with-luis-y-sofia-1a-parte-starter-pack-years-34-758
A thought-provoking article considering the Prevent strategy but also how to moderate classroom discussions on terrorism has been published in the latest Teach Secondary magazine.
Some pupils can find it difficult to grasp the concepts in the primary Science Programmes of Study. They want answers to questions such as: Why is the sky blue? How can the universe be infinite? Why don’t planes fall out of the sky?
National Poetry Day is tomorrow, Thursday 8th October. The theme this year is ‘light’.
The theme for this year’s poetry day is ‘light’. Why not use activities around our Sun Candle poem to mark the day.