Simple, let us have comments and feedback on our resources!
We recently promoted our 12 Petites Pièces à Jouer resource.
One of our customers responded …
‘We already use this book at school and it is brilliant! I would recommend it to any Primary school who offers French!’ (Foreign Language Teacher at an Independent School in London which has been awarded ‘School of the Week’ by School House Magazine.)
In return we sent a 20% discount code for use on our website as a thank you.
How easy is that?
Send your comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The KS2 Programme of Study for foreign languages provides a skeleton outline of what needs to be taught at KS2. This is great if you are a language specialist Continue reading
A pupil who is well-spoken is not necessarily a pupil who can write well, not least because he/she might speak with perfect punctuation and grammar but have difficulty applying the same rules to his/her writing. Continue reading
What Qualities Do You Value?
…from a dictionary and a map, to a ruler that I snapped! Continue reading
This FREE PowerPoint introducing our new Learn Spanish with Luis y Sofía resource is a sentence builder activity to practise the Spanish verb ‘tener’. You can request your copy here.
Learn Spanish with Luis y Sofía, 1a Parte (Part 1) for Years 3–4, a Story-based Scheme for Teaching Spanish at KS2, contains:
- 1 copy each of the 14 storybooks written entirely in Spanish using simple sentences and introducing key vocabulary and language structures
- Buenos días
- Me llamo Sofía
- ¿Cuántas galletas?
- Tengo seis años
- Tengo un hermano
- Muchos caramelos
- Un caramelo rojo
- Tengo un gato
- A Luis le encantan las serpientes
- El domingo es mi cumpleaños
- Treinta y un invitados
- ¿Cuándo es tu cumpleaños?
- Me duele
- ¿Dónde está mi estuche?
- Audio-enhanced e-book versions of all the stories acted out by native Spanish speakers bringing the stories to life when shared with the class using an interactive whiteboard, read individually or in small groups.
- Vocabulary and sentence building activities for use on an IWB enable students to try out the language structures introduced in the stories
- Audio CD of stories acted out by native Spanish speakers, along with the vocabulary introduced and listening exercises to aid correct pronunciation
- A comprehensive, easy-to-use teacherʼs guide containing lesson plans based on the stories with ideas for developing all four language learning skills – reading, writing, speaking and listening
- Translations, vocabulary lists and grammar boxes are included to support the non-specialist.
- For more information, simply visit http://www.brilliantpublications.co.uk/book/learn-spanish-with-luis-y-sofia-1a-parte-starter-pack-years-34-758
Take advantage of these free activity materials
from the Reading Comprehension Series Pack:
The Farmyard: story and activities (Year 1)
Lions in the Garden: poem and activities (Year 4)
With the Brilliant Activities for Reading Comprehension Pack for Years 1 to Years 6 you can support your pupils on the journey from decoding texts to comprehending and thinking critically about texts.
The specially written passages in the Reading Comprehension Pack provide children with a variety of engaging texts, ranging from newspaper articles and dialogues, to plays, stories, and poems.
Activities range from simple factual recall and vocabulary work to open-ended questions – enabling the reader to provide a more personal response. There are also detailed suggestions for integrating writing, speaking and other literacy tasks with the passages.
The texts and activities gradually increase in difficulty as your pupils progress through the book (and through the series), encouraging children to develop their ability to read for meaning and use a range of strategies to engage with the text.
You can order the Brilliant Activities for Reading Comprehension series for just £95 at https://www.brilliantpublications.co.uk/book/brilliant-activities-for-reading-comprehension-series-pack-2nd-edition-518.