It is unlikely that reading ancient religious scriptures to your pupils will result in them forming a lifelong relationship with religion. But this might.
It could be argued that the reason for young people of today being less religious than their forefathers is because there is an increasing disconnect between the context of ancient religious scriptures and modern-day society. And in no place can we find better examples of this disconnect than in the Bible.
However, many religious people would argue that whilst this might be the case, the messages and teachings of these ancient religious scriptures still remain as relevant as ever, which is why Modern Christian Assembly Stories exists.
Modern Christian Assembly Stories gives schools an opportunity to teach children about the messages and teachings of the bible in a context which is relevant to pupils’ everyday lives, thus increasing the chances of young people choosing to maintain a lifelong relationship with the religion.
This valuable resource contains 50 assembly stories which not only link to Christianity, but also to a whole host of themes and situations that young people may encounter and find difficult to navigate, such as Bullying, Disability, Disappointment, Equal Opportunities, Divorce, Peer Pressure, Phobias and Friendships, to name a few.
Click here to see an overview of the contents of this resource
Click here to see a sample assembly story (Scott’s Story: Tackling Child Mental Health)
For more information or to order Modern Christian Assembly Stories for £18.50 as a printed book, £12.99 as an e-book or both for a discounted price of £22.40, simply visit:
Our new assemblies catalogue is now available!
Brilliant Publications’ Primary School Assemblies Catalogue 2017
Click here to download a copy.
We have a range of assembly story books covering personal and social development, religious and curriculum topics. So, if you’ve been asked to take an assembly at short notice, don’t panic! All the books are available as e-books, enabling you to download and use them straight away.
Are your assemblies in the main Christian?
Our latest assembly book, Modern Christian Assembly Stories written by Gary Nott, is now available. This collection has 50 contemporary stories, all with a Christian theme, making it ideal for schools wishing to ensure that their c
Modern Christian Assembly Stories
ollective worship is, in the main, Christian.
Here are just some of the characters you will meet:
- Billy loses his trunks whilst swimming at school – how embarrassing! What will he do? Listen to his hilarious story.
- David is missing his best friend, who has left school. Then he meets Arthur, the new boy. Arthur is different. He is autistic: he canʼt speak. How can David make friends with him?
- Joshua is fascinated with fire but one day goes too far and sets light to his school. What will his headteacher and parents say?
- Katherine is excited when she is chosen to be head girl. Then she receives a poison pen letter from a jealous classmate. How will she cope with her disappointment?
- Mr Ripple has an idea for a class assembly with a difference. He asks his class to bring their pets into school. Then things start to go wrong with consequences he could not have foreseen.
Don’t forget – there are sample assembly stories from all our assembly books on our website – so you can try before you buy!
Filed under Assemblies, News